Are you looking for a simple yet delicious almond milk pancakes recipe that your whole family will enjoy? While some of my kids are lactose-intolerant, not all of them are. Yet everyone just loves this fast recipe for making pancakes with almond milk.
While I don't make a homecooked big breakfast every day, I try to do pancakes every Sunday. Pancakes work well because I can double or triple the batch and freeze them.
This almond milk pancakes recipe is also a great way to use up leftover cranberries, raspberries or blueberries.
Another reason I like this recipe is that it is perfect to make in a cast iron frying pan. Our homestead kitchen has a five-burner propane cooktop. And we also have an extra two-burner propane cooktop on the same counter. (Big family cooking bonus!)
Ingredients You'll Need
- almond milk
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- granulated sugar
Helpful Kitchen Tools
How to Make Almond Milk Pancakes
Full disclosure here: it's pretty easy to adapt any traditional pancake recipe to one that uses almond milk.
Over the years, I've experimented with using soy milk, oat milk, and almond milk. I find that non-dairy types of milk usually lead to fluffier pancakes. And they also change the flavor of the pancakes.
This recipe is the one that works best for us right now.
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tablespoon butter or vegetable oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tbsps granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon bacon grease
- Mix eggs, milk, and butter in a large bowl.
- Add flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Use a fork or whisk to combine the dry ingredients before mixing them into the wet ingredients.
- Heat your cast iron griddle until water bounces on it.
- Put 1 tablespoon bacon grease in griddle.
- Use a soup ladle to measure batter for pancakes. (My rectangular cast iron griddle can do nine medium-sized pancakes at a time.)
- Cook until the bottom of the pancake is brown and you see bubbles that break on top.
- Flip and cook for one minute more.
- Remove the first batch to a plate.
- Regrease the pan with the remaining bacon grease and cook your second batch.
- Repeat as needed!
Notes for Almond Milk Pancakes Recipe
- This recipe is easy to double or even triple
- These almond milk pancakes freeze well.
- For thinner pancakes, add 4 tbsps more of almond milk.
- Add cranberries, raspberries, blueberries, diced apples, peaches, or even chocolate chips.
- Mash up a banana for fluffier pancakes.
- Replace ½ cup of all-purpose flour with whole wheat for a change.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Makerstep Set of 3 Stainless Steel Fine Mesh Strainers. Graduated Sizes 3.38", 5.5", 7.87" Strainer Wire Sieve Sifter with Insulated Handle for Kitchen Tools Gadgets
- Jovial Einkorn Baking Flour | 100% Organic Einkorn All Purpose Flour | High Protein | Non-GMO | USDA Certified Organic | Delicious Taste | Product of Italy | 32 oz (2 Pack)
- KitchenAid Classic Measuring Cups, Set of 4, Aqua Sky/Black
You might also like...
Like this recipe? Save it for later!
This recipe is part of the Homestead Blog Hop 338!