One of the things my daughters and I enjoy doing together is making homemade skin care products. And what began as a fun, hands-on homeschool project soon became a regular Tuesday afternoon routine in the winter months.
It turns out that it is pretty easy to make many beauty products at home. And one of the easiest natural skin care products to make is a homemade sugar scrub.
When I searched online for a new recipe, I found several to try. So I made a list and I'm sharing it here.
Here's my list of whipped sugar scrub soap recipes!
20 Sugar Scrub Soap Recipes to Make at Home
We've been having a lot of fun making homemade body scrubs, soaps, lotions, and other skincare products at home. It gives us a chance to use the herbs and wild greens we gather when foraging.
And it's a great hands-on homeschool science activity too!
Tips for making a homemade body scrub
Here are a few tips to help you get started.
- Many simple sugar scrubs call for basic natural ingredients you already have in your kitchen. Like coconut oil, olive oil, brown sugar, or white sugar.
- Add your favorite essential oil and make small batches to store in mason jars.
- An assortment of homemade soap, homemade sunscreen, salt scrub, or another salt scrub makes wonderful homemade gifts.
- Make them in small batches, store in a cute glass jar or give them as gifts during the holiday season, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, or for birthdays.
- Shop your local big box, health food, or grocery stores for sales on shea butter, avocado oil, jojoba oil, and grapeseed oil.
Homemade DIY sugar soap scrubs make fantastic gifts for a friend, teacher, or even your mother or daughter.
What's missing from my list? Let me know in the comments below!