Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
Good morning and welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop 327! It is Wednesday February 10 and time once again for the latest homesteading, homeschooling, gardening, and country living posts around the net this week.
Did you miss last week's post? If so, you'll find it right here: Homestead Blog Hop 326.
Homestead Blog Hop 327: This Week at An Off Grid Life
This week the weather was brutally cold, even for our area (Canada's far north.) On Saturday we were hitting -45.6C BEFORE wind chill. With the wind the temps were hitting close to -60C (that's about -76F.)
Now that was a bit much, even for me, and I really like winter. But it was all we could do to keep our house warmish. With our wood stove roaring and our boiler trying to work hard even as the propane was gelling due to the cold, I couldn't get the kitchen warmer than about 13C or 58F.
The chicken coop dropped to about -10, but we ran a heater for a few minutes each time we ran the generator (one of us stayed in there with it to make sure nothing caught fire though.)
However, as with most things, that cold snap passed and we are now sitting at a balmy -29C (that's -20 F.)
I did have a chance to work on the blog though!
Now on to the Hop
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to's, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week's Hop:
1. How to Choose the Best Garden Space from The Self Sufficient HomeAcre
2. Sweet & Salty Potato Chip Cookies from Heritage Home EC
3. Prepping for Kidding Season from Oak Hill Homestead
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn't linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts' social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven't linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week's Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow us on Pinterest and send me a message that you'd like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you've also added here.