Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
Good morning on Wednesday, December 16, 2020! Welcome, readers, to the Homestead Blog Hop 319.
Missed last week's blog hop? You'll find it right here Homestead Blog Hop 318.
Homestead Blog Hop 319 - This week at An Off Grid Life
Well, we are back at home in the north after spending several weeks visiting beautiful Newfoundland, Canada. And we returned to frigid temperatures here in Canada's far north - the Northwest Territories. Today it's -40 degrees out, according to my kitchen thermometer.
We're keeping a careful eye on our off grid chicken coop during these cold days. Any tips for chicken care in cold weather are always appreciated! If you're curious about our daily doings up here, see my Instagram stories. I try to post a couple of times each day.
This week I've been busy with several homeschooling giveaways and free offers, including the Homeschooling Fun Through The Holidays homeschool giveaway - ending today, the Massive Christmas Giveaway (read about it at the bottom of this post on Old Fashioned and Rustic Christmas Crafts) and the homeschool Celebrate It! Holiday Teaser Bag valued at $60+ and free until December 17 at 9:00 am CT.
And we've also been busy updating our holiday gift guides like our Prepper Gift Guide, Gardening Gift Guide, Outdoor People Gift Guide, and our Wilderness Survival Kits for Kids post too. Lots of ideas there to help get kids outdoors. (But mine are staying in today. Too cold for outdoor play.)
Now on to the Hop
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to's, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week's Hop:
1. Beef Stew Casserole from Homemade On a Weeknight
2. DIY Rustic Christmas Santa Mailbox from Tee Diddly Dee
3. 11 Mince Pie Fillings from Claire Justine
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and 'save image as...'
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family-friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn't linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts' social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven't linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week's Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow us on Pinterest and send me a message that you'd like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you've also added here.