Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
Good morning on Wednesday, December 2, 2020, and welcome readers to my first Homestead Blog Hop post - Homestead Blog Hop 317!
I've been active in this blog hop for the past several years as a participant, sharing my regular posts most weeks. So when I heard there was an opening for a host, I jumped at the chance to participate and share even MORE great homesteading and self-reliant posts with our readers. I hope you'll join me here every week.
Homestead Blog Hop 317 - This Week at An Off Grid Life
So much going on this week it's a bit crazy. My latest cookbook, Wood Stove Cooking Recipes was released yesterday as part of the Winter Simple Living Collection, which runs December 1 through December 7, 2020.
We've also been busy updating some of our older posts, like this one on 10 Old-Fashioned Christmas Books for Kids (scroll down to learn about the giveaway ending December 7, 202o) and this one on How to Cook on a Charcoal Smoker as well as Ice Fishing for Beginners.
And we even rolled out a new post on the 5 Best Rabbit Breeds to Raise for Meat.
On the homefront, we've been making plans for next year's homesteading projects (trying to decide what other animals to add to our chicken flock) and homeschooling and crafting through these dark winter days.
Now on to the Hop
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to's, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week's Hop:
1. 22 Amazing Ways that Turmeric Can Make Life Easier from Fluster Buster
2. How To Make Your Holiday Dinner Simple With Crockpot Stuffing from Oakhill Homestead
3. Tips for Making Soap from A Home Made from Scratch
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and 'save image as...'
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn't linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts' social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven't linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week's Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow us on Pinterest and send me a message that you'd like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you've also added here.